Saturday 25 September 2010

Skills Profile

Skills Profile

Photoshop

  • Initial Skills and Knowledge
Before starting the course I had no experience or knowlege about Photoshop.

  • Targets
Whilst producing the DVD Menu, I want to learn about the different features of Photoshop. This includes learning the correct use of the tools available. I also want to gain as much experience using the software as possible, which will help me easily navigate around the software.

  • Review of skills
After having produced the menus in Photoshop, I have gained knowledge of the different tools available. One of the tools I used most frequently was the magic lassoo tool, a tool that allows the user to cut out an image by moving the mouse around the image. The tool moves from pixel to pixel, following the outline of the image. I have also gained a lot of experience, which has helped me find my way around the software easily.


Encore

  • Initial Skills and Knowledge
Before starting the project, I had no experience or knowledge about Encore.

  • Targets
Whilst completing the project , I hope to learn about the different tools available to use, and also learn my way around the software so that I know where all the tools and features are for easier use.

  • Review of Skills
After producing a final DVD Menu, I have now learnt how to import the files correctly, and use the correct techniques. For example, I now know how to link my pages. I found it useful to link the page in the timeline window. This way is very clear to the user as it shows which menus are linked. As for the linking of the menus, I learnt how to use the Pickwhip tool correctly. The Pickwhip tool is the feature that links the menus together.

No comments:

Post a Comment