Tuesday 2 November 2010

Week 8

DVD Menu Design 05-11-2010

PSD File Creation
I created an example PSD file very similar to the main menu of my inal DVD Menu design. It included imagery similar to the images I will use and also the effects I will use on my final product.


DVD Menu Design 05-11-2010

Moodboard
I started searching through magazines for images that could be used on my Mood Board. I looked in film magazines such as ' Empire ' and found images of colour conventions I will be using, actors that are linked with films from the same genre, and images that give connotations of the themes I will be basing my product on.

I have attached an image of the mood board I created in Photoshop. As you can see, colour conventions of crime and gambling are included such as red, white, and black. Also, the theme of crime is represented with the inclusion of images of recognized characters from films that follow the same theme and genre.
DVD Menu Design 04-11-2010

Moodboard

I produced a mood board on Photoshop today as part of my Production schedule for the DVD Menu Design project. I included images relating to the genre of crime and gambling. This included images of recognizable characters from known films. I also included images that gave links to gambling E.G. Las Vegas, Dice.

DVD Menu Design 03-11-2010


Animation and Audio
Today, I produced a document outlining how I will include Animation and Audio in my DVD Menu.
          I had different ideas on how to include Animation in my Menu and settled on animating bubbles in the drink the character is holding. The bubbles will be animated so that they appear to be floating towards the surface of the drink. This is a simple Affect I will use however I know it will be effective at bringing the character to life.
        When deciding on the Audio Soundtrack I will be using, I know it is important to research the Audio used on current DVD Menus from the same genre and theme. From doing this, I know that an instrumental soundtrack made from classical music is conventional of crime thriller DVD Menus. This type of soundtrack is what I will be using in my product.

DVD Menu Design 02-11-2010

Encore : Review of learning
We were given a learning review sheet to complete. It included questions that I am able to answer as a result of completing exercises on Encore. An example question that was asked was ' how do you create a new project in Encore '. There was also space to include our own thoughts and  how confident and focused we are on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment