Tuesday 16 November 2010

Week 10

DVD Menu Design 20 - 11 - 2010

Response to Feedback

As response to Feedback, I produced an animation storyboard that planned the animation I would be using. I researched story boarding on the internet first to make sure the one I produced was of a good standard. To start with, I sketched the different frames of my animation, showing the movement of the bubbles. After doing this, I included how the animation would be made, which included the program I would be using and the tools that would be needed. 

DVD Menu Design 19 - 11 - 2010

Response to Feedback

To show how conventions have been followed, I have included a screen shot showing conventional imagery of a crime/gambling thriller being used. This particular screen shot is from the deleted scenes menu. There are images of cards, giving connotations of gambling, set against a background filled with lights, giving links to Vegas, a well known setting for various films of the same theme. As well as imagery conventions, color conventions are shown by the use of white, black , and red. I know these are all color conventions of crime and gambling thriller because of my existing product research.


DVD Menu Design 19 - 11 - 2010

Animation

I completed my animation today which included creation in Photoshop and importing the .mov file as a timeline into Encore. When imported to Encore I linked the file to the Main Menu by using the pickwhip tool. This is a screen shot of part of my animation. The animation consists of 3 bubbles moving towards the surface of the drink.

DVD Menu Design 18 - 11 - 2010

Feedback

When I went to Andy for feedback, he gave an opinion that the font used for the buttons was not the best font that could be used to give connotations of the theme. I took this into account and decided to test a different font to see if it looked better.

I decided on using a different style of font called 'Trajan Pro' . I have included a screen grab of the Main Menu screen to show a different look of the menu. I decided that this new style of font suited my Menu more than the previous style, so I decided to use it.


DVD Menu Design 16 - 11 - 2010

Linking Menus

I completed the production stage today by linking the menus in Encore. I did this by opening up the flowchart screen and linking the menus with the pickwhip tool. I found this way of doing it clear because an advantage of this way is that it is easy to see where each menu is linked.

I have attached a screen shot of the completed main menu screen taken from the DVD Menu.

I am happy with the final product because I have included the colour and imagery conventions that I planned on including in my pre production stage. For example, I used red and black, two colour conventions of crime and gambling themed products.

DVD Menu Design 16 - 11 - 2010

Feedback

I went to Harry for feedback and I was given 6 action points that will improve my work.

Action Points to Improve work
  • Organize evidence of work - I will do this by including more titles and definitions of terms to make the evidence more clear to the reader.
  • Cite all research - This will be completed by providing a source of where I gathered the information from.
  • Detail in Blog - I will complete this by including all feedback and including further media, ( images, video ), to provide more evidence of production and to make the evidence clearer.
  • More design processes - More evidence of the design process needs to be included. I will do this by further annotating my sketches and the storyboard of the animation.
  • Conventions followed - I will complete this by making sure that in all products, the generic conventions are followed.
  • Refer to grade descriptors - I will refer to the grade descriptors and make sure all points are completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment